Sexual Abuse, or, Marital Rape is being forced against your will to perform sexual acts, or, also have pain and injury inflicted during intercourse. Sexual abuse also incorporates elements of physical, emotional and psychological abuse.
A 1983 Canadian law has addressed the issue of sexual assault within relationships, making it a crime for a man to sexually assault his wife or partner.
Sexual Abuse includes:
- Any forced sexual contact
- Having sex with other partners
- Using sex (or lack of it) as a basis for argument and confrontation
- Demeaning comments and jokes
- Total lack of intimacy
- Making you feel guilty about wanting to have sex
- Getting angry at you when you don’t have sex