Financial Abuse means having no access to the family’s money.
You may live in a comfortable house, wear good clothing, have children who are well-equipped with toys and luxuries but you have no say over what is spent or saved. You have no control over what amounts of money come into the family or any decisions about what will be bought and that you are not allowed any money for personal use or allowed only a small monetary allowance.
- Controlling money, food, physical care, medication
- Spending money foolishly/living beyond means
- Withholding money
- Forging another person’s signature
- Spending on addictions, gambling, sexual services
- Preventing you from taking a job
- Keeping family finances, a secret