Family Violence Prevention Officer
Family Violence Prevention Worker provides a very confidential, non-judgmental and respectful approach. The Counsellor will offer sensitive and knowledgeable insight into women’s issues such as self-esteem, self-care, healthy coping skills, abuse and safety planning. Services are provided to Native and Non-native Women and Children.
The Role of the Family Violence Prevention Worker
- Information provided for personal safety at Home, Work or Court House.
- Safety, Technology & Internet dating.
- Information provided to Parents regarding children safety planning
- Help improve access to Community Services.
- Work together with Community Services and Women to better service their needs.
Supportive Counselling Services
- One on one Support
- Holistic Approach: combination of Traditional and conventional support
- Help File Housing Applications
- Help Women transition to a new apartment
- Support through filing motions to court accompaniment
- Debrief after Court
- Family Court Support only
- Direct individual to appropriate resources
Family Violence Prevention Worker Offers A Women’s Empowerment Group
- Commitment of 8 weeks of self-awareness and healing
- Information, support and guidance from group members and facilitator
- Topics include Boundaries, Self-esteem & Compassion, Relationships, Forgiveness & Feelings and more.
- Group is offered in different locations
Reach the family violence prevention officer at:
(905) 352-3898 ext. 3