AKG Wish List
The shelter is in need of the following items:
- Grocery Stores
- Department/Retail Stores (Wal-Mart, Winners, Giant Tiger, Dollarama)
- Hardware Stores (Home Depot, Canadian Tire, Home Hardware)
- Gas cards, Home Furniture Stores
- Restaurants and Fast Food Restaurants
- Long distance calling cards
- Activities for women & children: Glow in the Dark Mini Golf, Cinema, Bowling, Smart Moves, Gym passes
- Home Cleaning Supplies: bleach, Lysol, brooms, Windex, floor mops, Mr. Clean, dish soap, hand soap, toilet paper
- Non-perishable food items: coffee, hot and cold cereals, peanut butter, jam, honey, Nutella, canned food
- Laundry soap (he), liquid fabric softener (he), dish soap, laundry fabric sheets, bleach
- Pajamas, house coats, slippers, underwear in ALL sizes for women, male teens, children, toddlers and bras in all sizes.
- Tea towels and dish cloths, Cutlery – knives, forks, spoons, Laundry baskets, Bath towels, hand towels & face cloths
- Paper products (paper towels, napkins, Kleenex, toilet paper)
- Combs and hair brushes, Shampoo and Conditioner, Body Wash
- Writing Journals and agenda
- Craft items for women and children.
- We are always looking for teen (male & female) items
Gift of Sponsorship:
One Time Gift Join our Spirit of Possibility by making a donation to Anishnaabe Kwewag Gamig Inc. today! You can make an online donation here or call us at (905)352-3898. Here are some ways your gift can help us today:
$10 donation will provide a woman with an Intake package (includes all toiletries).
$30 donation will provide a woman with an Intake package and meals for a day.
$50 donation will provide a woman with transportation to flee her partner.
$75 donation will provide a woman with transportation, Intake package and a warm meal.
$100 donation will provide a woman with transportation to an appointment with Staff advocacy and counselling services.
$175 donation will provide the cost of one woman and her child a day at the Shelter.
Miigwetch(Thank you) in advance for your generous support; it is greatly appreciated.